Kensie and Ellie catching snowflakes
Our poor little tree
Either Carl is telling us how much snow we got or he wants a $5 footlong
Sophie sledding
Ellie swinging in the snowYesterday, we woke up to Kensie running into our room and saying, "it's snowing outside come look." I layed in bed thinking we had a small amount of snow. Carl went and checked things out and said, "we got a lot of snow last night." The girls were just itching to go play in the snow. So at 8:00 am they were playing in the snow while their dad shoveled the driveway. It snowed all day. I can honestly say that I never remember having snow ALL day long. It has snowed off and on all day, but it NEVER let up. We had 5 inches of snow when we woke up and by the end of the day we had 10-12 inches. It was crazy. Church was canceled for many of the country wards today. However, us city folk made our way to church. I wish that the pictures we took could do the snow amount justice. We kinda feel like we should be listening to Christmas songs while we carve our pumpkins. We will enjoy the snow while it lasts, but hope that it is gone by Halloween to trick or treat.
4 comments:
Crazy weather!!!! But we sure had a fun time playing in it. I just hope we get more like it this winter. Looks like you guys had fun. My kids kept asking if we could take the tube to your driveway again. Maybe we should have spent the day together having snowball fights and sledding :)
What a day. I always love the magic of the first snow...but like you I hope it doesn't stay just yet. We still need to go and pick some pumpkins at the pumpkin patch but maybe they are all frozen and mushy. Hope not. :)
Wasn't that snow storm crazy!! I'm glad your girls got to enjoy all of the snow. Thanks again for letting us ride with you to the pumpkin patch--we all had a great time!
That is just crazy...even for Idaho.
Post a Comment