It has been a very cold and snowy couple of weeks here. School has been cancelled several times. We shoveled our driveway one night about 8:00 pm so we could get out the next morning. Carl shoveled about 6-10 inches that night. The next morning we woke up to 10-12 inches in our driveway. Carl put his truck into 4 wheel drive and headed off to work. He left me with our powerless minivan and 12 inches of snow to shovel. I was out in the snowy driveway shoveling snow for an hour before I realized I needed some major help. I called my Dad. Both he and Lance came to my rescue. It still took another 45 minutes with 3 of us shoveling and 1 using the snow blower. Wow!! We had a ton of snow. The next week it warmed up a bit and made a mess. We had dirty slush everywhere. Our oldest daughter, Kensie, came home from school that day and promptly took off her shoes and pants. They were soaking wet from stepping in every slush puddle from the bus stop to our house. Later I went to check on her. She was in the bathroom with the door locked. I asked her if she was okay. She said she was. I then asked what she was doing. She unlocked the door and there she was soaking her feet in a sink full of hot water. All I could do was laugh and ask her if she wated to have a hot bath. She assured me that this was better than any bath. What a smart little cookie!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Baby It's Cold Outside
It has been a very cold and snowy couple of weeks here. School has been cancelled several times. We shoveled our driveway one night about 8:00 pm so we could get out the next morning. Carl shoveled about 6-10 inches that night. The next morning we woke up to 10-12 inches in our driveway. Carl put his truck into 4 wheel drive and headed off to work. He left me with our powerless minivan and 12 inches of snow to shovel. I was out in the snowy driveway shoveling snow for an hour before I realized I needed some major help. I called my Dad. Both he and Lance came to my rescue. It still took another 45 minutes with 3 of us shoveling and 1 using the snow blower. Wow!! We had a ton of snow. The next week it warmed up a bit and made a mess. We had dirty slush everywhere. Our oldest daughter, Kensie, came home from school that day and promptly took off her shoes and pants. They were soaking wet from stepping in every slush puddle from the bus stop to our house. Later I went to check on her. She was in the bathroom with the door locked. I asked her if she was okay. She said she was. I then asked what she was doing. She unlocked the door and there she was soaking her feet in a sink full of hot water. All I could do was laugh and ask her if she wated to have a hot bath. She assured me that this was better than any bath. What a smart little cookie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
yeah... What a lucky girl I am to be the FIRST to comment on your new blog. Welcome to the world of blogging. Can't wait to keep up with you and see all the fun you are doing in life. love ya.
Fun, Sis! I love the blogs! It will be great to show off my cute nieces to people now! Happy Valentine's Day! Love ya!
Awesome !! Here I thought I was doing great keeping up on my emails.
Love Les
How fun! It's fun to see the girls and all the cute things they do. I love the title of the Darrington Darlings. Keep it up. Luv Kristen
Andrea, you are going to be a great blogger or is it bloggie? I don't hear these stories and I live here. Love Mom
I am not sure if you will remember me, but I ran into your blog somehow the other day. Oh, yeah this is annie sager from ISU student ward pocatello. It has been like 6yrs maybe? Well anyways I was so happy to see you and your cute family. would love to hear from you sometime. take care annie
Post a Comment