Friday, February 29, 2008

The Tale of the "Lost" Tooth


Kensie lost her second tooth on Monday night. We have been trying for a week to pull it. Finally her dad succeeded. She was showing all of us her tooth after FHE and Ellie wanted to hold it. When Ellie was done holding it she gave it to Carl and he set it on his leg. Well, it fell off of his leg and onto the carpet. We then found out that our carpet is about the same color as her tooth. Carl searched for 15 minutes and couldn't find the tiny thing. He had given up and both he and Kensie had gone into the kitchen to write the tooth fairy a note. It said something like this, "Dear Tooth fairy, my dad dropped my tooth on the floor and we cannot find. I am so sorry. Could you leave me some money in place of this note. I am sorry my dad lost my tooth. Thank you. Love, Kensie" She had just finished the note when I found her tooth. She was so happy that she could put her tooth under the pillow rather than the note. And yes, the tooth fairy came through and delivered that night. It is so fun and exciting to have a child loosing teeth and having the tooth fairy come to our house.

9 comments:

~Shantelle~ said...

Andrea you have been tagged... Lucky you!!! Visit my blog for details and have fun hopefully we can find out some of your deep secrets :) And Yeah for Kensie! All the fun begins now.

Sarah said...

what a fun milestone. just waiting for my boy to start loosing his firsts. however, it means our kids are growing up. just want to freeze them for a bit (most days). Yeah for Kensie.

Annie said...

That is a very cute story!! Your girls are so cute. What a fun milestone.

Reid said...

You have cute girls Carl and Andrea. Glad you found our blog. Fun to stay in touch this way.

L and T said...

Andrea! Thanks for saying hello.
Its so fun to see what you guys are up to.

Blair & Kristen Heward said...

That'll teach kensie to let Dad handle her tooth next time. Glad you found it so Kensie could have a visit from the tooth fairy.

Brady said...

I loved the note idea. Very creative. If you had left the note under the pillow then you could have left an IOU note in its place. Okay...not so good for Kensie. Man your girls are sure growing fast! Fun reads guys.

Brooke Jones said...

Hey, Andrea. This is from Brooke your long lost Ricks friend. I was thinking about Ricks last night and thought "I wonder what Andrea is up to" and then I thought if she has a blog I bet Sarah has it on her blogsite and sure enough you just started one! Yeah! You girls sure are "darling". Email me one of these days and I would love to get caught up a bit. Luv ya and love the tooth story!

Brooke Jones said...

Hey, Andrea. This is from Brooke your long lost Ricks friend. I was thinking about Ricks last night and thought "I wonder what Andrea is up to" and then I thought if she has a blog I bet Sarah has it on her blogsite and sure enough you just started one! Yeah! You girls sure are "darling". Email me one of these days and I would love to get caught up a bit. Luv ya and love the tooth story!