Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now


Sophie is becoming more and more self sufficient everyday. She wants to feed herself, put her shoes on herself, take her diaper off herself, and the list goes on. Where has my baby gone? It is so true that time goes by fast when you are having fun. Sophie has been a true joy to have in our family. She fits ever so snugly into our little family puzzle.
Recently we have noticed that she has a problem with her eyes. She seems to have a lazy eye. We knew that it was a big problem when we started having other people point it out to us. I would like to think of my girls as perfect. Therefore, I overlooked this little problem. But now it kinda stares me straight in the face. (At least one of her eyes does.) We have an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist the second week of March to check things out and see what they can do for our sweet little girl. We will keep you posted on what we find out. As for now we will continue to let our baby become more self sufficient. And Carl will continue to console me. Because my baby is a big girl now.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

what a cute little girl. It makes me sad too when my babies grow up. I wish I could just freeze them just for a moment. I guess all we can do is enjoy every minute we have with them.

~Shantelle~ said...

After today I would say that she is becoming very self sufficent. She has grown up so fast. Where does the time go. She is lots of fun to have around. Enjoy every second you have.
Take Care,
Shantelle

Jen said...

Hi Andrea-
I saw your bloglink on Shantelle's blog. I hope you don't mind me checking it out and adding you to our link list. Your girls are so cute and I agree, time flies when your having fun and kids grow up so fast!!

Blair & Kristen Heward said...

Andrea, I love your blog, Sophie is cute with here lazy eye. Love Pam