Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This little girl...


turned 4 years old. We celebrated Sophie's birthday over the weekend. She had a great time. She loved opening her gifts and loved playing with her cousins even more. On her actual birthday, the poor, little girl woke up with pink eye. So she was not able to go to pre-school and take her birthday treats to celebrate with her friends. She had a pretty rough birthday. Carl took her to the Dr. and he confirmed that she had pink eye. So he prescribed her drops for her swollen, puffy, red eye. Since we had a well toddler check up scheduled for today, they went ahead and gave her 3 immunizations and her flu mist so that she wouldn't have to go back. Carl said that she FREAKED out when she found out that she was going to have SHOTS! I was so glad that he decided to stay home with her. I dread immunizations, even though I know they are good for them. Needless to say, both daddy and Sophie needed a trip to DQ for an ice cream when it was all said and done. I had just gotten home from work and asked Sophie what she wanted for dinner and she slipped and fell on the hard floor. The poor little thing landed right on her face. She got a little bloody nose and her left side of her face was super red. She has a bruise under her nose. She just did not have a good day. But we took her out to dinner and ended the day well.
Sophie is a spunky, lively and fun little girl. She loves playing with her sisters. She loves riding horses, jumping on the trampoline and riding her scooter. She is not afraid to try anything! Since she has older sisters she tries to do everything that they do. From front flips on the trampoline to riding scooters. To cartwheeling and writing and drawing. She wants to do it all.
Sophie's Favorites at Four:
Favorite foods: mac and cheese, apples, cheese and fruit snacks
Favorite color: green
Favorite song: "Follow the Prophet"
Favorite toy: pink puppy
Favorite tv show: anything, she enjoys the tv way too much
Sophie is excited for Halloween and will dress up as a ladybug. She goes to preschool 2 times a week while I work and loves her teacher and friends there. Sophie is a homebody and would prefer to be home in her own comfort zone. Pretty sure she gets that from her mommy. I love spending time with my "baby" and will be super sad when I send her to school. But for now we will enjoy playing games, walks outside, jumping on the tramp, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming the house, watching movies TOGETHER! We love you so very much Sophie! You are a sweet and fun little girl. Thanks for being part of our family! Happy 4th Birthday!




4 comments:

Alissa said...

That is a rough birthday!!! Who wants shots? I can't believe Carl took her to the doctor- Bart is too big of a baby to sit thru shots! The picture of her with her cake and candles looks just like her mommy! You've got some cute little girls!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the pictures! What cute nieces I have. :)

Blair & Kristen Heward said...

What a cute spunky little girl! Too bad she had such a rough birthday. I love the picture where all the girls are cheesin it up!

Wendi said...

Andrea, is that really you?! I just saw your blog off my good friend Alissa's. Your family is so cute!! It was fun to get a glimse into your life. It's been a while since hygiene school! We're getting up there in age! Hope you're all well!
Wendi Winter (hygine 2000)