My Studman completed his very first triathlon called the Spudman this weekend. He was amazing. The Spudman consists of a mile swim, a 24 mile bike ride and a 6 mile run. Carl's age group was in the final heat. So he was biking and running when it was getting HOT! The girls and went to the river to watch him get out and transition on the bike. It was so fun to watch him emerge from the river and run to his bike while removing his wet suit. He quickly dried his feet. Threw his socks, shoes, bike jersey, helmet and gloves on. And headed on his 24 mile bike ride. We went to my friends mom's house for a bit. Then headed over to see the run portion. We saw Carl and he looked great. I would even say "fresh". So I dropped the girls off at my parents and headed over to the finish line to pick him up. I had just arrived when an athlete past out at the finish line. I then worried and waited for Carl to finish. The whole time I worried that he had past out or was in pain somewhere. I was never so happy and proud when they announced, "Carl Darrington is headed for the finish line, does anyone know him?" I was hollering and cheering while taking pics. I am so proud of him. It was a long morning for him, but he did great! His goal was to finish under 3 hours. He finished in 2 hours and 55 minutes. Way to accomplish your goal! I asked him on the way home if he would do the race again next year or if he could now cross this off his bucket list. He informed me that he needed a little more time to see how he really felt. Right then he was tired and happy to cross it off his bucket list. But we headed for the local bike shop today to check out the bikes. One that maybe able to help him improve his time for next years Spudman. I think that I now have his answer.

Carl transitioning from swim to bike. He is in the blue shorts and navy top.

He has hit the road, ready to bike. He is in the white and blue jersy.

Hurray! He finished and finished STRONG! Way to go babe!

I think that he was happier to have water than the metal at that point.

Carl showing that he was happy at the finish.

Carl talking with his buddy, Matt, after the race. Way to go guys!
3 comments:
Way to go! All that training paid off. Sounds like you have a serial spudman on your hands now.
Awesome to hear that Carl made his goal and participated in the Spudman. Sounds like you are a great support to him, what a lucky guy! Christy is encouraging me to do something like this but now that my older brother has, it may be a bit easier to do...
Hey sweetie! I just found your blog- thanks to Shannon. It looks like you guys are doing good. Way to go Carl- that's awesome!
Post a Comment