Sophie: I want to go with you to girls camp mom, PLEASE.
Me: Sorry sweety. Girls camp is only for the Young Women.
Sophie: I a young women.
Me: I know you are Sophie, but you have to be 12.
Sophie: I 12.
Me: (giggling a little) You are only 3 sis. You can't come with momma. You need to stay home and take care of daddy.
Sophie: Ok mom.
So we planned a little get away to Island Park and Yellowstone for the 4th of July weekend. We left early Friday morning with our friends camp trailer in tow. We made it 5 miles past Blackfoot and had a tire blowout on the trailer. No biggy, we will just change the tire. Well one of the lug nuts would not budge. We ended up calling Les Schwab in Blackfoot to come and rescue us. 1 1/2 hours later, they show up. 5 minutes later, we were on the road again. The girls were troopers while we waited for Les Schwab to come. They got a little bored, but did great. We were super happy to make it to Island Park to our campsite and stretch our legs a bit. My parents and Lance came. As well as Erica, Scott, Chase and Sajay. We had a great time. We went to Big Springs.


We spent 2 days going through Yellowstone Park. We saw some many fun things. We had a blast!


















One of the highlights of the trip for me was seeing a black bear and a grizzly bear. The grizzly had 2 cubs. They were so cute. I grew up going to Yellowstone and I have never seen a bear let alone 4. We had a BLAST! Thanks for the good time Mom and Dad and Erica and Scott!
2 comments:
It was so much fun! We really enjoyed the time all together. And the bears....well, that was awesome! Glad to be so close to enjoy family time. BTW, I totally need a copy of your pics. :)
Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment