I have been in my own little world the last 3 weeks. I have had a lot on my mind. I was just put in as Young Womens president in our ward. And I have no idea what I am doing. I have had trouble sleeping. As a busy mom, I usually sleep like a rock. But I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I wake up and all I can think about is what I need to do for Young Womens. Holy cow, there is so much to do. New Beginnings needs to be planned. Wednesday activities. Presidency meetings. Class presidency meetings. Teaching the YW how to be organized and how to function as a presidency. Help them feel the spirit. Help them gain their own testimony. New Personal Progress program. 8 values?! Birthday ideas for the girls. Getting a camp director. CAMP!?!? Super activity this summer. Temple trips. Getting to know these amazing girls. Learning from these amazing girls and women that I work with. Still working outside the home. Still working inside the home. Helping out in my girls classrooms. Get well wishes. Thank yous....... Did I mention that I was a little overwhelmed.
I am hoping that these feelings of inadequacy will calm after I get things organized and running. Maybe I will be a sleepless zombie for the next few years. I just hope that my own girls survive their parents being gone a bunch. Carl is in the Stake Young Mens. He has only been in for a few months, but he is BUSY. We rarely see him on Sundays. He is in charge of the Scouts. So he has Kondike. Other camps. Meetings on Tuesdays, Wed, some Sat. I really thought that I would be exempt from a calling in YW. (At least for now). That is what I get for thinking.
Wish me and my family luck. If you have any ideas for YW let me know. We are in for a wild ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats!!! I heard about this the other day and I was going to call you... But like you, I have had so many things going on I haven't had time to call you. Everything will work out great and you are going to be perfect for those girls... If you ever need anything give me a call!
Hang in there... we all have moments (sometimes those moments last longer than we'd like) of feeling inadequate. I think though that is not from our Heavenly Father and I try to remember that as those feelings creep up on me all to frequently. Your girls will see you serve the lord through your callings and be better for it. Sometimes the lessons you teach are strongest by example- and by not even being there in this case! Your girls know you put the Lord and family first and the are blessed to have you and Carl as their parents.
Love ya, sis. You are amazing! I have no doubt that you will be able to juggle it all. Feel free to be overwhelmed...it happens to all of us. Loves!
Post a Comment