We finished our first week of school and survived. The girls actually did really well. They went to bed on time most nights and woke up on time to make it to school and to Aunt Kristens. I think they enjoy having a schedule for the most part. Both Kensie and Ellie have said they love their teachers and school when they get home. So I am pleased so far. I do have to say that it was tough for me to send two of my girls to school this year. I am afraid to see what happens to me when we send all three. I am enjoying my time with Sophie very much. She is learning so much and enjoying her time with me as well. At least she seems like she is. This week we now throw in the extracurricular activities. Ellie has dance and Kensie will be starting violin. So we will be a bit busier. But they are both so excited for their activities. Kensie has been begging to play her violin and I don't know anything about it. I have never taken lessons. Aunt Kristin helped her put rosin on the bow and give it a try. She was so thrilled. Now anytime she sees or hears anyone play the violin she gets so excited and will sit and listen and watch. She seems so excited. I hope that excitement lasts and that she learns to play well and will stick with it. I keep telling her that it will take many years of lessons and practicing to get really good. Hopefully it is sinking in. I am excited for her to start this week. Ellie loves dance. She is ready to start again and progress. Dance is so good for their coordination and following directions. I hope that Kensie doesn't miss it too much. She chose to do violins instead of dance. We'll see. Here are a few pictures of the girls on their first day of school!
Ellie with her teacher....

Kensie with her teacher....

The girls together....

I thought that it was cute that Ellie decided to wear her shirt that was similar to Kensie's. She had an entirely different outfit picked out until she saw what Kensie was wearing. But as the mom, I didn't say anything about it. I didn't want to draw Kensie's attention to that fact. I just said they both looked great! That was the only time they wore long pants this week. It was a HOT week. So they wore shorts to school the rest of the week. Who can blame them when their is AC in the schools. They never complained though. Way to finish your first week girls. Only 39 weeks left. Give or take a few!
2 comments:
Ah, I remember the good ol' days of first-day-of-school-pictures. Not gonna lie, my sweet little nieces are pretty darn cute! :-) I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. XOXO
Where has the time gone... It seems so weird that they are so grown up. We miss seeing you guys and are so happy that the girls love school and their teachers. It makes it so nice!
Post a Comment