Bryce, Ellie, Kensie and Carter
Ellie roping the steer at the Barn Party
Carl and Sophie caught a fish!
Kensie's first day of school. First gradeI can't believe that August is almost over. I also can't believe that I haven't done one blog in August. I am going to wrap up our whole August in this one blog. I think that you will see why I didn't have time to update my blog. The first weekend in August we had the Smith family reunion. We went camping, four-wheeling, played games and of course ate great food. Ellie and I had a little accident on a 4-wheeler. We were thrown off as it tried to roll. I had a great battle wound that I wish that I had taken a picutre of. Ellie escaped with a small scratch. Thank goodness. I was pretty sore for a few days. But all is well. Carl's sister, Sarah, flew in from Missouri on the 5th and stayed for almost 2 weeks. Carl's brother, Brady and his wife and 2 boys, also flew in on the 13th. It was fair week and we had a week of fun. We had things planned everyday they were here. Our girls are still taking about how much fun they had with their cousins. We went to the parade, ate at the fair, to the temple open house in Twin, went shopping, had pictures with the cousins, had a barn party at grandpa and grandma's new barn, went swimming, golfing, to the rodeo, played at Roaring Springs water park, visisted, fished, picnicked, went to McDonalds, slept in tents in grandpa and grandma's back yard, played the Wii, and rocked out on guitar hero. We had a BLAST. School started for Kensie the day that Brady, Christy, Carter and Bryce flew home. So now we are in full swing with school. I can't believe that Kensie is in 1st grade. She loves her teacher and enjoys being gone for a full day. I am not sure that I like that part. But I am so excited for her to learn and to grow and to have a great year. We went to back to school night last night and she had a great time showing around her stomping grounds. It was fun seeing her in her element. We are going to the new temple for my cousins wedding on Saturday and look forward to that. Oh, and how could I forget......Sophie is potty training. We started yesterday and she is doing pretty good. It has been tricky because I have the twins both yesterday and today. So I have my plate full. But the twins have been troopers and have been soooooo good. Wish us luck. Ellie starts preschool on Tuesday. And both Kensie and Ellie start dance on Tuesday. We are definately getting busy. But I wouldn't trade our busy little family for anything. We are looking forward to what September brings.
4 comments:
sounds like a fun fun month visiting with family and doing exciting things with the kids. but doesn't it finally feel nice to get on a schedule with school and such? my boys start on Thurs. and am looking so forward to it. miss you girl.
wow, you were busy I found your blog on kristens hope you dont mind i peaked, cute pictures! can you believe summer is over? i think i saw you on my books in the next week or so so see ya then- char
Andrea, I finally have sat down at the computer after a month of fun/work/and barn building. Keep writing your blogs I love to read them. Love Mom
We miss you guys!!! We miss Idaho too!
Post a Comment