Sunday, February 8, 2009

She Shoots...She Scores!!!

Kensie started playing basketball a few weeks ago with a local rec league. At first she was very excited to learn a new sport. The more that she has gotten into it, she has lost that excitement. The poor little girl. Carl and I try to give her encouragement and tell her she is doing great. After her first two games she just kept saying I have no idea what I am doing and what is going on. It is a fairly complex game for a six year old. Practices have been just as confusing. But each week I see an improvement. She seems to be catching on and trying hard. Yesterday was her fourth game. And she scored for the first time. She was pretty excited. I hope that she sticks with it and will play next year. It has been an interesting experience for me to have all girls. I love sports. My girls love dance and dress up. Eventually one of them may find the thrill in sports. But for now it is tutus and ballet slippers at our house. Mom will continue to wait for her basketball star.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to be able to watch her play. Remington is just dying to play basketball. Where does Kensie play. I would love to know the details.

~Shantelle~ said...

Yeah Kensie!!!! It is so fun watching them learn new things and accomplishing a new task... I'm sure you will have some little girls that follow in their mommy's tracks. Sports are more exciting than ballet by far but tutu's are cute as well :)