Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the day at my parents house. All of my siblings and their children were there. In total we had 8 adults and 6 children. It was a small group full of laughter and love. We had a fabulous dinner, of course. The guys went skeet shooting in the morning, while the women stayed home and got everything ready for the dinner. The kids played great. They had a ton of fun with each other and were hesitant to leave when it was time. There were a few tears shed. I am thankfull they all got along so well.
The next day, my mom, sister and I did the whole shopping thing. Yes, we got up at 3:30 am and were out the door by 4:00 am. We had a BLAST and I got all of my shopping done by about 7 am. That is one productive day. A BIG thanks to Scott for watching my girls so that I could go. What a man. He fixed them breakfast and lunch. Plus, he did their hair. He is amazing.
At this time of the year we tend to reflect on all the things that we are thankful for. All of my girls said they were thankful for their family. We are so blessed to have such a WONDERFUL family. They are all so supportive and love us so much. I am thankful for an amazing husband. He has made the last 13 years of my life fun and full of laughter and love. He gives me a perspective of life that I couldn't get on my own. I am thankful for 3 beautiful and healthy girls. They are so much fun and rewarding to have. They try so hard to do what is right. They are such sweet and fun girls. I am so thankful for the gopsel in my life and for the testimony I have of my Savior and his Atonement. I have so much to be thankful for. I am a lucky girl. Thanksgiving was great and we are headed into another wonderful season. One to reflect on the birth of Christ and his life and example to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving was fun, huh. Even if you made me get up at 3:30 in the morning. :) Scott had a good time watching the kids. He says they were so good. And I'm pretty sure he's going to be better at doing Sajay's hair than I am. Love ya