Sophie had an eye appointment a few weeks ago and they determined that she would need surgery to correct her eyes. We have patched for three months and there has been some improvement. But she doesn't require eyeglasses right now, so those will not help correct her eyes. So the next step is a surgery. They say that is a simple and routine surgery. It is a same day surgery. They will relax the muscle on the inside of both of her eyes and tighten the outside muscle. She will not be able to swim or get her eyes wet for 2 weeks. No sand boxes or playing in dirt for
2 weeks. It will be difficult because it is summer, but we are ready for straight eyes and her little brain to start working with her eyes. Her surgery is scheduled for the beginning of July. We'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Well we are certainly thinking of you. We understand how scary the thought of surgery is, large or small. It's never something you want to have your little kids go through. But it will be nice to have her eyes working properly so she can get on with life. We love Sophie and she's been such a good helper.
Sophie is such a beautiful baby! We hope all goes well with her surgery. I'm sure it will help her. I always think it's better to subject my kids to things like this while they're little so they can get past it and hopefully forget it. We'll be thinking of you all.
Hey Andrea,
Just FYI, Diana's little boy Chance has to have the same surgery I believe. He also had to wear a patch for a long time. He had to wear it to school which he hated. I'm not sure when his surgery is. He went to see Walt Petersen's son...David...I think for the checkups. We are thinking of you and Sophie. Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment