The next day, we hiked up to Timpanogos Cave. It was 1 1/2 mile hike up a mountain. Carl, me, Kensie, Ellie, my mom, Leslie and Marissa all did the hike. It was a beautiful day again and we all made it to the caves. Hurray for us! We did great and made great time. Sophie and Chase stayed with Erica, who is pregnant. it was nice to not have to pack Sophie up the mountain. Thanks Erica! Ellie had to go potty when we were in the cave and the restroom is at the bottom of the mountain. So I grabbed Ellie and high tailed it down the mountain. We passed a ranger who said that we were making great time. I told him that we were headed for the restroom. He said no wonder we were going so fast. The next day, the only thing that was sore on my body was my arms from carrying Ellie down the mountain. We had a great hike and I was so proud of everyone that went. They all had such great attitudes and we had a great day! I just have to say that I have the most fabulous husband. He spent 2 days with all females! No complaints what so ever. He is such a great man.
Later that evening after we had showered and rested a few minutes, we headed to a Bees baseball game. We met all my brother and sisters there with their children It was a beautiful night. We had perfect weather our whole weekend. We sat on the first 2 rows on the first baseline. It was perfect for the kids. They had room to run around and play and we had a great time watching the game. A ball came our way and Carl went to catch it, but it hit the cement wall in front of us and flew up a few rows, so he missed it. I was just glad that it missed his face. It was a close one. We were getting ready to leave when a Bees pitcher came and gave Ellie a ball. She was soooo surprised. She just stared at the ball in her hands then said look what I got. She felt pretty special. But how could he not give the ball to such a cute little girl. The kids all got to run the bases at the end of the game. They had a wonderful time. I am glad that we went and had such a fun, filled, busy weekend.
3 comments:
Wow, you have really been busy these past few weeks. I'm glad the weather worked out for your fun trip. Looks like everyone had a great time. Hope everything goes well with Sophie's surgery.
what a fun little few days it looked like you and your fam had. your kids are so adorable. you did some of my favorite things to do in UT> I wish I were going to be there this summer but isn't going to happen. Wish I could see you. Hopfully sooner than later.
I'm glad that you had a fun vacation. It's always nice to get away and play for a few days!
I hope everything goes well with Sophie's upcoming surgery.
Post a Comment