Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Singing Debut

This week has been an exciting week for us already. It started out on Sunday. Sunday the girls made their debut in the singing world. Yes folks, our 6 year old, Kensie and 4 year old, Ellie sang a duet in sacrament meeting. They sang, "I Am A Child Of God." They sure made their mom and dad proud. They didn't miss a beat and sang the whole time. They didn't look or sound one bit nervous. I would have been as nervous as a Turkey on Thanksgiving, but not our girls. Grandpa and Grandma Smith and Uncle Travis and Aunt Kelli came to watch them and support them. They all said they did SOOOO good. We may all be a little prejudice, but they were wonderful. Sophie wasn't paying attention until she heard her sisters sing. She immediately recognized her sisters voices. She scrambled onto Grandpa's lap so she could get a better view and violently started waving and saying "hello" and "hi" to her sisters. She too, was proud of the girls.
Tuesday I went to a viewing of a woman who had battled cancer for years and worked with my mom. My mom wanted to go, but not by herself. So I went with her. The next morning I was looking for my cell phone and couldn't find it. I called the funeral home and it wasn't there. I also called my mom thinking it may have fallen out in her car. Well, it wasn't there either. I called my phone several times while searching our home for it. I couldn't hear it ringing, because we found it on the front lawn. Can't hear your phone when it's outside.:) It fell out of my pocket on our lawn and had been out there all night. I am so lucky that it didn't rain or snow last night. Carl and I are now reconsidering whether I am responsible enough for a cell phone. Boy do I feel dumb.
Sophie had another eye appointment in Boise today. The Dr. said that we she needs to strengthen her lazy eye more. This means that we need to patch her good eye longer. So we will be patching her eye for 2-3 hours a day. She said that she didn't think that Sophie would need glasses. But they are going to do a longer appointement in May and dialate her eyes again to see if she needs glasses. So for now we will continue to patch and pray that her eye strengthens and starts working with her other eye. Hopefully she does better at her next appointment. She sure doesn't like being there or the Dr. touching her. We hope that she gradually gets used to the opthamologist, because this is going to be a part of her life.
We enjoy most of lifes little moments and love our girls to pieces. We feel so blessed to be parents to such sweet and beautiful little girls!

3 comments:

~Shantelle~ said...

The girls did a great job Sunday. They did not even look nervous at all. They are growing up so fast.

Annie said...

how brave of you girls to sing in church. Way to go ladies!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that I missed it. I bet they were so cute up there together. Looks like I know who to call on when I need a special number for primary :)