Our not so happy pirate
Happy pirate!We took Sophie to the Pediatric Opthamologist (PO) on Friday in Boise. We had a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there. Then we were in thier office for another 1 1/2. Needless to say, our 17 month old was fit to be tied and not to cooperative towards the end. They were able to tell us that she has Amblyopia or commonly known as lazy eye. Her left eye turns in toward her nose. They also told us that she was farsighted, but could not tell how farsighted because she was crying with her eyes closed. Hopefully the next time we go she will be more cooperative. They dialated her eyes, she did not like that. She also did not like them shining lights in her eyes. Poor little girl. Well, for now we are trying to patch her good eye for an hour a day and try to stregthen it. Then she may have to have glasses, therapy, and or surgery to fully correct her Amblyopic eye. The first day we patched her eye, she tore it right off and was not about to wear it. So I was so nervous to try again. But she wore it like a champ on Sunday and today. So hopefully patching becomes part of our day and is just routine. Sophie is such a sweet little girl and a mighty cute pirate if I do say so myself. Carl and I were saying how blessed we have been to have children with good health and very few problems. So if a lazy eye is the biggest thing that we have to deal with, we are pretty lucky. We will keep you updated on Sophie's progress.
2 comments:
I know when it comes to my kids I worry 100% more about them than I would if it was myself. I am glad she is everything is ok. Good luck with everything.
What a sweet little girl. She's such a trooper to put up with that patch on her eye. What a super cute pirate niece I have.
Post a Comment