Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter


We had a great Easter weekend. It started with the Easter Bunny making a drop off at our house on Saturday. The girls got baskets with a few fun things and there were eggs all over the living room. They had a great time hunting for eggs. Even Sophie knew what to do. I was rather impressed. We then got ready and went to another Easter Egg hunt at the Hewards house. My girls had a blast. I think they had more fun seeing the horses, cows, dogs and puppies they had on their farm. The girls seriously begged to take home a puppy. They were adorable, but we came home puppyless. Sophie had a fascination with their horses. She kept going back to them. So I lifted her up to pet the horse and it started sniffing her Easter basket. Sophie promptly said, "NO!" And she preceded to smack it in the nose with her basket. The poor horse was obviously used to kids, it didn't even phase him. It did make me laugh a little. Sunday we tried to focus on the true meaning of Easter and Christ's resurrection. It was a great weekend.

3 comments:

~Shantelle~ said...

The girls look so cute in their Easter dresses. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful holiday.

Jen said...

It sounds like you had a great Easter weekend! Your girls look adorable in their Easter dresses.

Annie said...

Your girls are so cute!! They are a perfect mix of you and Carl.